Monday, July 31, 2006


Manga - Jay's manga story

Around one month ago, I met an classmate who was my one of friends several years ago by chance on internet. She left message to me that she was looking for me. I was surprised about two things.


The first one was the power of internet space which she used to find me and second one was she still rembered that I was fond of reading manga. She left message that weather I still like manga or not.
She reminds me the memories. :D There are many kinds of manga series. Sometimes, I learnd some knowledge through mangas such as cooking mangas, sports mangas, historic mangas, art mangas and detective manga series. I read a lot of manga series whenever I had vacations I borrowed mangas from second hand book shops.

Depending on personal taste, people like different manga styles. The one of my favorite manga was Kiss drawed and written by Tomo Matsumoto who is a japanese. The story about "kiss" is about love between piano male teacher and his student and one more it is about piano music. During reading "kiss" I disired to play piano and listen the many kinds of music in the manga. As the story was based on piano music, readers are curiosity about piano music. In my case, I bought some music book which was mentioned in the manga "kiss". The kiss is especially popular among girls. but if I recommend my boyfriend who was called professional manga reader, he would be willing to read the manga "kiss".

In the manga, Once Gosima who is male piano teacher played "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence" which was also background music of movie in 1983. After reading the book, I searched the music to listen. The music was so fantastic like I expected. The music was also played Japanese real pianist whose name is ryuichi sakamoto.
The playing "Merry Christmas Mr.Lawrence" sounds like silent sadness. I played once when I was at home in Korea. Even though it was a bit hard I spent really good time.

3 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger Peter Podcast said...

I love that piece of music!
I have it on CD and maybe even vinyl.
The movie had David Bowie in it.
Liking your blogwork.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger JiSuk Han said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger JiSuk Han said...

yes. I like the music very much.
From this music,I had curiosity about the movie. ^^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home