Sunday, July 30, 2006

Gustav Klimt(1862-1918)




The kiss by Gustav Klimt(1862-1918)

When I was a middle school student,

I accidently knew one of the Klimt's paintings which name was " the kiss".

Even I didn't know anything about Klimt at that time, I like the way of his paintings and the feelings. The potrait of kiss was painted with diversity yellow colors.

Whenever I see the painting "kiss" I feel easy and relax.

In his other paintings, he usually painted women.

Most women in his paintings look fascinating and mystrerious. Sometimes, they look like mother or witch. I guess that his paintings were stronly influenced by his mother because he lived with his mother and his siblings in whole life according to historic recordings. Isn't that reason that he reflected women through his mother or sisters in paintings ?

Anyway, he usually addicted painting women and they were rebirth brilliantly in Klimt's canvas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home